Martes, Abril 3, 2012

Personal Assessment


My persuasive speech is the last requirement for English Two that’s why I made sure that it is better than my Informative Speech.  I chose fastfood as my topic because I’m really interested to it and I love food.  Coming up with a persuasive speech is very challenging for me because I need to consider several factors so that my speech will be effective to persuade the audience. Also, there are certain rubrics that should be followed in making the outline.

At the day of my speech, I’m quite nervous and at the same time, excited, because it is my last speech in this subject. I always think that I must be more confident this time because it’s my second time to deliver a speech in front of many people. I felt relieved after my speech and I was also very happy because I have survived this. I think I’m more confident this time than my first speech because I have already an experience on how to speak in front of an audience. Now, I’m more willing to share my knowledge and to persuade my audience. I hope that my skills in public speaking will continue to improve.

Preparedness is very important in the success of a public speaking performance because it will serve as the whole content of your speech. It will determine your credibility about the topic that you chose because all that you do will reflect on you. Organizing your thoughts about your topic is a must so that your speech will be understandable. For me, rehearsing the speech before hand is very helpful because you can adjust and see where your mistakes are. In that case, your speech will be better. Based from my experience, I made sure that my sources are credible and I only chose those references which are really needed and related in my topic.

Here are my personal resolutions related to improving my public speaking or communication skills:

  • ·       First, be sure of your topic. The topic that you will choose is the foundation of your speech because it’s the thing that you will be talking about. Make sure that you are comfortable with the topic that you chose and you like it. Like me, I chose the topic that I’m interested and I can say that I delivered it enough for the audience to understand it.
  • ·        Second, make enough time to prepare/do your speech and follow the needed instructions. As I have said earlier, preparedness is the key to your success.
  • ·    Lastly, trust yourself. Don’t be a pessimist because it will affect in the delivery of your speech. Always think that you can overcome this and think that whatever you do in your speech will reflect on your grade.

I’ll try my best to start with my speech two weeks before the actual presentation so that I can I will have enough time to prepare. Also, I will be more considerate when it comes to choosing my resources. I will first rely on books than internet sites. I will also lessen my cue cards so that I will not completely rely on that because it will result in just reading it. I hope that I will be successful in doing these things.






Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento